Thank you for your interest in membership with BCLA. Please review the page below for more information about membership benefits and categories. For questions about membership you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-683-5354.
The British Columbia Library Association serves more than 700 personal and institutional members. BCLA works on behalf of its members through continuing education, advocacy, and networking initiatives.
As a member of BCLA you are part of an active organization that:
- Initiates and coordinate projects to improve library services and information access in B.C.
- Encourages continuing education for library staff through workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Prepares briefs to government on issues of concern to library personnel and others.
- Publishes the BCLA Browser, an online journal of library news and information from around the province.
- Organizes the annual BC Library Conference, which serves as a major forum for the province's library community.
- Sponsors scholarships and awards in library education.
- Maintains an online job posting service for those seeking employment.
BCLA offers the following types of membership, click the categories below to learn more or Join Now!: